We aim to give IHSS recipients a voice in how services are provided, to improve the availability and quality of IHSS, and to support services that enhance the lives of seniors and persons with disabilities who choose to live independently and with dignity in their own homes and community.
Did you know?
- The Public Authority provides services for IHSS recipients and providers in Alameda County
- Interpretation assistance is available on request for Public Authority services
- Public Authority services are provided at no cost to IHSS recipients and providers
Urgent Need for Back-Up Providers!
Electronic Timesheets will be Mandatory in 2020!
IHSS Electronic Timesheet System
All In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) providers and recipients are encouraged to enroll in the Electronic Timesheet System (ETS). The option allows a provider to submit their IHSS timesheet and allow the IHSS recipient to review and approve a timesheet using a computer, laptop, tablet, and/or smartphone.
The following information is needed for registration at the Electronic Timesheet Website:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Nine-digit provider number (if you are a provider) or seven-digit case number (if you are a recipient)
- Date of Birth
- Last four digits of your Social Security Number
- A valid e-mail address
How to Sign-up for the Electronic Timesheet:
- Register for Electronic Timesheets at: https://www.etimesheets.ihss.ca.gov
- To register, you will need a computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone AND a valid email address.
- You will be asked to create a username and password. Your first and last name must be the same as it appears on your Social Security (SSN) Card.
Informative Electronic Timesheet Flyers are available in English, Spanish, and Vietnamese.
If you need help or have questions:
Contact the Electronic Timesheet System Help Desk at:
Monday – Friday from 8:00am – 5:00pm
View the Recipient Registration webcast at YouTube or at the CDSS website:
IHSS Providers are Eligible for Covid Vaccine
Alameda County recently emailed all active Alameda County IHSS Providers (if we had your email on file) to provide the following information:
COVID Vaccine Information for IHSS Providers
Notice to IHSS Providers from Alameda County Health Care Services Agency Dear IHSS Provider: You are receiving this notice from the Alameda County Health Care Services Agency because you are a Health Care Worker eligible to receive COVID-19 vaccine during Phase 1a.
• Vaccine is free of charge and you will need to get two doses for full protection. The second dose will be given 3 to 4 weeks (21-28 days) after the first one.
• You will receive either the Pfizer or the Moderna vaccine, both 94-95% effective, and will receive the same vaccine for both doses.
• In order to manage the timing of your two doses, your basic information will go into a State registry. How to Get Your Vaccine:
• At this time, vaccine is available by appointment only.
o If you are insured through Alliance Group Care, you will receive notice from the Alameda Alliance for Health on where to go for the vaccine.
o All other IHSS providers will receive information from Alameda County on where to go for vaccine.
• We expect to have enough vaccine for all IHSS providers in the coming weeks.
To learn more about COVID-19 vaccine in Alameda County, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page:
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 510-268-2101.
About In-Home Supportive Services
IHSS is a County-administered program that pays providers to provide personal care, such as help with bathing and getting dressed, and household tasks such as cooking, shopping and housecleaning, for low income seniors and people with disabilities.
Residents of Alameda County can call (510) 577-1800 to see if they meet the income and disability requirements to apply for IHSS.
Training & Education Opportunities for Providers
Benefits of Training
Training increases your chances of being hired. You will learn new skills that IHSS recipients need and look for when choosing a provider. Click here to register for upcoming classes.
Questions about Training Classes?
Contact our Outreach and Training Coordinator at (510) 577-3554.
Provider Health Insurance
The Public Authority offers eligible providers a low-cost health plan that includes medical, dental and vision coverage.